This is an immediate opening for a part-time staff position at our Vancouver office, 25-30 hours a week depending on availability and level of experience.
West Coast Environmental Law harnesses the power of law to solve complex environmental challenges. For over 40 years we have provided legal information, advice and support to British Columbians in every corner of the province seeking to protect their water, lands and air, while working at the provincial and national level for systemic legal solutions to environmental problems.
Reporting to the Senior Communications & Engagement Specialist, the Digital Strategy Coordinator will be responsible for managing and analyzing data in our Salesforce database, developing data-driven engagement strategies and using digital tools to advance our engagement and communications goals across the full range of West Coast’s campaigns and projects.
We are seeking an individual who:
- Has significant experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM database
- Is excited about using their database management experience to advance environmental protection and social justice goals through effective, data-driven communication
- Has a track record of proactively developing approaches and solutions to advance digital engagement objectives
- Will excel at the administrative and back-end work required to expand and deepen our network of supporters, allies and clients
- Is detail-oriented and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Has strong time management skills; with a demonstrated ability to meet multiple and concurrent deadlines
- Has a positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting
- Experience with Drupal or other website content management platforms an asset
- Develop and implement strategies to help grow West Coast’s community, using data to effectively engage supporters, clients and allies.
- Develop standardized practices and procedures for effective data management.
- Ensure data quality in West Coast’s database; perform regular checks and maintenance activities.
- Train staff and ensure they adhere to data management standards.
- Develop custom objects, reports, segments, campaigns and lists in the database to serve needs of administrative, communications, program and development staff.
- Provide strategic advice related to the effective use of the database in West Coast’s communications, engagement and fundraising.
- Work with the development team to improve systems for managing data related to donations and fundraising, and provide support in coordinating monthly donation reconciliation reports.
- Support the delivery of West Coast’s monthly newsletter, targeted email outreach and other digital communications.
- Monitor digital statistics and report these to the communications team and other staff as needed.
- Coordinate and develop systems to assist with statistics reporting to funders using data from multiple sources (e.g., database, website, lawyer time tracking and other reports); recommend efficiencies to improve workflow.
- Assist with content management and maintenance of West Coast’s Drupal-based website as required.
- Coordinate the implementation of webforms and other integrations between the website, database and/or other digital platforms.
- Make recommendations to staff on best practices for data management and digital engagement.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to share knowledge and learn from others.
Salary range is based on an annual full-time salary of $50,000-60,000, commensurate with experience (i.e., $40,000-$48,000 at 0.8 time, or $35,000-$42,000 at 0.7 time). Position includes a generous vacation allowance, extended health benefits (after three months of employment) and pension (RRSP contribution) after one year of employment.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and quote “Digital Strategy Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications must be received by March 29, 2019. Candidates will be short-listed as applications are received.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At West Coast Environmental Law, we aim to promote equality and challenge discrimination. We recognize the value of diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, nationalities, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions and beliefs.