Do you have a passion for saving the environment? Do you want to help make British Columbia and Canada as a whole more sustainable place to thrive in? Do you want a opportunity to build your resume while supporting a good cause? If you answered yes to these questions then consider joining the Street Legal Team at West Coast Environmental Law.
At West Coast Environmental Law we believe that the best way to safeguard the environment is to have it protected by law. We provide legal information, guidance and support to individuals, communities and organizations seeking to protect nature, communities and the climate.
This is an ongoing opportunity for part-time volunteers at events in Metro Vancouver.
As a member of the Street Legal Team you will play an important role in our outreach activities, conveying pressing environmental issues to the public at tabling events throughout Vancouver and surrounding communities. With a strong personal commitment to the environment, you enjoy interacting and engaging with the public, are friendly and approachable and enjoy spending time outside.
You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge on current environmental issues and gain significant experience in public outreach all while enjoying environmental events, festivals, farmer's markets and other exciting community events.
- Keen to learn about West Coast's environmental law work, including:
- Strengthening Canada’s environmental laws
- Marine protection
- Climate law and fossil fuel industry accountability
- Tar sands pipelines and tankers
- Environmental legal aid
- Strong verbal communicator
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
What’s in it for you?
- Expand your knowledge on important environmental issues
- Gain experience in public outreach
- Earn volunteer hours and personalized letter of reference on request
- Spend time outdoors and experience exciting events in Metro Vancouver
Related education and previous outreach experience is a bonus, but as long as you are passionate about environmental protection and are interested in learning about current environmental issues, all are welcome!
Please email us and submit a brief paragraph outlining your related experience along with your availability to Alexis at email@example.com